Showing recent images from NextGEN gallery using Justified Image Grid is a great way to create an automatic grid with your latest content. This feature shows the desired (any) number of photos regardless of gallery - except excluded NextGEN images, of course. It's most useful when you have galleries that you update regularly with a couple of photos each. So your grid of recent images will show some variety. Another cool use is showing all images you ever added to NextGEN. Show recent images sorted by EXIF date or upload date, it's up to you.
Displaying 25 recent images from NextGEN
The above example uses the following, generated shortcode (how to use):
[$justified_image_grid preset=18 last_row=flexible load_more=once load_more_text="Show all" load_more_limit=10 ng_recent_images=yes]
How is displaying recent images useful?
It's a simple setting for sure, but choose from certain different usage scenarios.
- Display the most recent images (by default it's 25) added to NextGEN.
- Show all photos ever added to NextGEN from latest to oldest - recommended to be used with Load More.
- Alternatively, use random order on the displayed photos.
- Use any of these concepts in the sidebar with thumbnails shown at a small size.
- Choose between image upload date or EXIF date of photos as the basis of sorting.